Monday, November 24, 2008

White Chocolate, Cranberry and Pistachio Cookies

I told my boss today, the two things I'm worried about the most are getting all my holiday baking done and getting most of my Christmas shopping done before I leave for Japan on December 5. She just laughed and said it didn't surprise her, knowing me and how soon it is before I'm on vacation.

With this in mind, I've made more headway with two of the items I mentioned yesterday. With the purchase of some white sugar and pistachios, I was ready to pull the cranberry/white chocolate butter cookies out of the freezer to slice and bake them. I put transferred the two tubes of cookie dough from the freezer to the fridge this morning so they could thaw the required four hours. When I came home, they were perfect for slicing (firm enough to hold their shape). I dipped the slices in white sugar and put crushed pistachios on the first roll. This is what they looked like before going into the oven...
...and this is what they looked like afterwards.
They were pretty decent and I loved the pistachio on top better than the second batch I did with just sugar as a topping. However, they were a teensy bit too sweet so I think the next time I make the batter, I'll decrease the amount of sugar in the recipe but keep the sugar on top because it looks nice crystallized.
I also spent two and half hours decorating the Thanksgiving cupcakes but the grand reveal for those won't happen until Thursday.

1 comment:

sharonwue said...

The pictures are wonderful! I can smell those cookies from here.