Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ex-Monster Gathering

As I mentioned on Sunday, the ex-Monster get together at Rebecca's place was one of the things I was looking forward to most this week. When you put a lot of these former coworkers in one room, good times are sure to ensue. I don't know how to explain it, but there's still a strong sense of camaraderie that spans the group!

I left straight from work but had to go home (which was the opposite direction of where I needed to go home) to pick up the goodies I had baked for the night.

This was important, as the party was supposed to serve as a judging panel for my baked goods. These people had tasted my creations for over two years and I could count on them to tell me what was really good, thus helping me decide on what I should make for next week's bake night/cookie swap.

The White Chocolate, Cranberry and Pistachio cookies were an early favorite but Caramel Shortbread Bars were the clear winner at the end of night. That definitely seals their place for next week. I just need to decide on one more thing. I can't decide if I should go with an old favorite or a new recipe, so I may be doing more recipe test runs this weekend. I also apologize, as I know I've been fixating on these items all week but be warned, this is just the beginning of my holiday baking talk for the week! I also unveiled my Thanksgiving surprise. People loved how they look and were eager to snatch one to take home, but seemed afraid to try one on the spot.

My favorite dish of the night was a crab dip made by Brad's wife Barb. It was INCREDIBLE. I don't even think I would like a crab dip but this dip tasted like horseradish-sour cream goodness. I may need to get this recipe!

No comments: