Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner in Plymouth

Thanksgiving was spent blissfully with Andrew's family in Plymouth. Despite our two-hour-stuck-in-traffic on Route 3 start, Amy, Phu, Joey and I thought it was perfect timing when we arrived in Plymouth to a house filled with delicious smells.

Seated at the table are Tom, Joey, Amy, Amanda, Charlotte and Phu (Andrew was in the kitchen pouring drinks):


This is where I would insert a picture of all the delicious food we ate. Except I was too busy stuffing my face to take a picture so you'll just get a list instead:
  • Turkey
  • Stuffing (made following a traditional Silvia recipe)
  • Silvia trademark mashed potatoes (orange, since carrots are mashed in the mix)
  • Green bean casserole - one of my favorites!
  • Asparagus
  • Creamed corn
  • Fruit jello mold
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Biscuits
  • Olives
  • Celery with cream cheese and celery with pimento cheese
  • Gravy to pour over everything
Following dinner was my favorite, of course dessert!


As you can see from the pictures, we had the choice of homemade pumpkin pie, cinnamon tarts, lemon meringue pie, my turkey cupcakes, almond bars, caramel shortbread bars, white chocolate, cranberry and walnut cookie pie, and Amy's homemade apple crisp. Vanilla ice cream and cool whip were also available and I used both liberally to top my desserts.




Thanksgiving mission, to spend the day with family, friends and good food, was definitely accomplished.

No comments: