Monday, November 10, 2008

Tasty and Somewhat Healthy Lunch

Dole has a line of salad kits that come equipped with toppings and a dressing packet, all in one convenient bag. I grabbed the Autumn Splendor salad the other day on a whim and was pleasantly surprised by it at lunch today. It features romaine and “red leaf” lettuces, radicchio, a ton of shredded carrots, a garlic and herb seasoning packet, dried cranberries, glazed pumpkin seeds (yum!) and “Dole’s own pumpkin harvest vinaigrette.” I was a bit wary of the pumpkin dressing but it ended up being quite good. It didn’t taste much like pumpkin to me but it was a good complement to the rest of the ingredients. Coming in at 150 calories per serving (or 525 per bag), it wasn’t the healthiest salad but it made for a guilt-free lunch that I didn’t have to make myself this morning.

2 comments:

NOLA said...

The dole salads have been recalled multiple times for bacteria contaminations. I am a mother and I just can't handle things that make you "guilt free".
EAT SOMETHING!

bcallegra said...

I love the mothering through the comments section! Rest assured, I did eat chips and a tangerine with lunch so I wasn't obnoxiously healthy. Since I'm too lazy to pack real lunches for work, I'm afraid it'll be soup and salad all winter@