Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Scorpion Bowls

Thanksgiving didn't end with dessert. Andrew's parents, inspired by our visit to the Hong Kong to celebrate Andrew's birthday, bought all the fixings for scorpion bowls!

Andrew's Dad Tom served as the official bartender, mixing up pitchers of the scorpion mix.

The scorpion bowls came garnished with fruit and very long straws.


Amy shows off the reach of her straw.


In true scorpion bowl spirit, everyone was sharing across the table.


Except for me. Since I was the designated driver and because I am battling a cold, I got my own virgin scorpion bowl cocktail. Amanda mixed this concoction for me and Andrew's Mom Charlotte and they were delicious.

One of the nice touches was the colorful leis that all the ladies wore, as Amanda and Charlotte model below:

Fortified with scorpion bowls, we played two raucous and laughter-filled games of Apples to Apples.

No comments: