Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lunch at Fugakyu

Today was a big food day for me as I had lunch with Monster (and ex-Monster) friends at Fugakyu and enjoyed Thai food with Jen tonight at Jamjuli in Newton.

As someone who spent many years in Japan, I definitely find myself missing having it on a regular basis. Fugakyu has two restaurants, one in Brookline and one in Sudbury. Although Fugakyu can get kind of pricey for dinner, their lunchtime specials can't be beat!
Despite having a meeting at 1 pm, I was able to squeeze in a delightful lunch at the Sudbury location today. I split gyoza with Kelli as an appetizer and for the main meal, I stuffed myself with:


Kappa (cucumber) sushi with spicy mayo and tempura crumb (unbelievably good and reasonably priced at $5.50 for eight rolls)


and a chicken katsu bento box - yes, a bento box - that was the real bargain at $8.50. With the bento box, I got a bowl of miso soup, rice, salad, chicken katsu with tonkatsu sauce, a piece of shumai, a fried dumpling, and half an orange that was sliced and quartered for dessert.

As you can imagine, I rolled out of the restaurant stuffed. And yet I'm already salivating thinking about eating there again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chicken katsu looks YUMMY!!!

we should go to the porter square food court sometime!! :)