Monday, November 17, 2008

Random Thoughts from Tonight

  1. It's really embarrassing having the guy waiting behind you in line watch you insert the Redbox DVD wrong twice in a row before he kindly explains what the large red arrow on the DVD box means (and I've returned these DVDs without a problem before!)
  2. It's irritating to have your favorite machine (elliptical/stairmaster thingies) taken up at the gym and being forced to use random machines near them so you can keep an eye out for an opening. On the plus side, I did burn 40 extra calories doing five minutes on the rowing machine - although, I don't know how sore my arms will be tomorrow!
  3. Thanks to my reading material (People and Entertainment Weekly), I figured out what the meaning of The Killers song "Human," which Camie was obsessed with when she was visiting a couple weeks back. Apparently, the line "Are we human? Or are we dancer?" refers to a Hunter S. Thompson quote, "'America was raising a generation of dancers." Now the song is stuck in my head again and I hope it's stuck in yours too.
  4. Despite what Andrew says, I had no shame in returning a book to the library via its book drop slot while it's still open. Especially since I was still in my running shorts from the gym. The running shorts came in handy since I ran shivering from my car to the book drop and back.

No comments: