Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

I don't get the hype over this series and the movie that was just released.

I kept hearing about this book when the movie was getting plugged. As I'm a big fan of young adult literature or as I put it, books for middle schoolers, I decided to give it a shot one day (plus, I needed to hit the $25 mark to get free shipping from Amazon).



It was ok but it wasn't anything fabulous. In fact, it was very easy for me to put this down in the middle of reading it and walk away and do other things. Which never happens with good books, as I've been known to stay up to the wee hours to finish a book (like Harry Potter!)

But I keep thinking I'm missing something. I'm going to pack this book for my long flight to Japan and order the second book, "New Moon." Perhaps it will keep getting better. Plus, on a 15-hour-plus flight, you'll read anything.

2 comments:

NOLA said...

It's quite telling of you
You don't like the book, basically, it's a dud so you plan to reread it and order the next one!
How about rereading Harry Potter and trusting your own great judgement.
It will save you money and I am certain you'll love it

bcallegra said...

Haha, I know it doesn't make sense. I usually would give up on it except I've had a lot of people whose opinions I respect tell me that the series is good.

As luck would have it, someone just loaned me the second book so now I don't have to buy it.