Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day is finally here!

Although it felt like the campaigning would never end, it’s finally Election Day. I chose to vote this morning, as I imagined it would be more stressful trying to squeeze it in at the end of the day. My polling location was at an elementary school a half mile away.

I was at the school around 8:00 am and although the line was pretty long (around 40 – 50 people), it moved quickly and I was done by 8:20 am. According to machine that took my ballot, I was the 284th person to vote at that location this morning. The only disturbing part was that they never checked my ID, just asked me twice what my name was and my street address. That and the fact that I didn’t get a “I just voted” sticker like the ones my coworkers were wearing today.

Driving to work afterwards, it felt like everyone was out voting this morning. Although I was running 30 minutes later than I usually do, the roads were abnormally clear this morning. I consider this a good sign.

As this is the third presidential election I have voted in, I’m hoping this is the year that the candidate I vote for actually gets the job!

No comments: