Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Treats

In addition to the turkey cupcakes, my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner was a cranberry, white chocolate and walnut pie and white chocolate almond bars. If you can't tell, I was on a white chocolate kick!

This is the pie before baking - I cheated and used a store-bought crust.


I was proud afterwards because this was my first pie but I don't think my oven is suited for desserts that need to bake a long time. I had to keep checking on the pie every five minutes because I was afraid it would burn.



The almond bars were great! I think almonds are my favorite nut, and the almonds on top and the almond flavoring in the batter ended up making a great blondie - the reverse of a brownie.


These came out nice and moist with a toasted almond top.

No comments: