Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Cousin Andrea can actually sing...

...compared to the rest of the family!

As I mentioned in my last Gas Gauge blog, Andrew and I met up with my Uncle Rich to have dinner before we headed off to see Andrea in a play.

Andrew laughed at my hand in this picture but it proves I was actually at the play!


For those of you who don't remember what the premise of the Crucible is, it's set during the Salem Witch trials. A bunch of silly girls who are dancing naked in the woods are caught and start accusing townspeople of being witches to divert the attention from themselves.
Andrea has the best role in the play as "Goody" Elizabeth Proctor. Proctor's accused of witchcraft by one of the girls Abigail, who has slept with her husband John Proctor and is scheming to become his new wife.


I didn't think that The Crucible would have any type of singing in it but the Director must love Andrea (she was mentioned by name as one of the reasons why the play was chosen, as this will be her last play before she graduates in January). She had the only singing part in the play, singing a lullaby offstage before she made her first appearance onstage in Act II. Needless to say, her singing was flawless. She also had the last line of the play.

Unfortunately, none of my other pictures came out too clearly but this is Andrea at the end (center), rocking her large white collar and Puritan dress.


Three and half hours later, the play was over and it took me another hour to get home. This meant I ended up in bed around 1 am, and since I went out last night to see a friend's band, I'm still dragging this morning.

Update: I found a great photo of her in the play!


1 comment:

Acannata11 said...

aww thanks joyce. u are my number 1 fan :)