Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dinner at Apgujung

So I'm still running a day behind with my posts but cut me some slack, I'm in the midst of battling what has turned out to be a full-fledged cold, yikes!

After waking up early to hit the sales at Wrentham, it was nice to know that I had a family dinner to look forward to Friday evening. At the request of my cousin Andrew, who was seeking a "unique" dining experience, we chose to go to Apgujung, a Korean/Japanese restaurant around the corner from my place.
While Andrew and Phu wait for our meals to be delivered, they sample the banchan (side dishes) that come free with the meals - including kimchi!


Rich, Jason and Amy dip some of the gyoza (fried dumplings) that we ordered as appetizers.

Amy ordered the pork katsu (breaded cutlet that comes with a Japanese BBQ sauce) and Andrew got the chicken katsu.

Phu is clearly enjoying his bibimbap (rice bowl with layered vegetables and meat) in a stone pot, the same thing that Rich and Jason ordered.

My cousin Andrew and I went for the restaurant's speciality - Korean BBQ cooked teppanyaki style on a grill at our table. I went with the spicy pork while Andrew enjoyed the teriyaki beef.
It's always fun to share Korean cuisine with an appreciative audience!