Saturday, January 3, 2009

Union Street Bar and Grill

Andrew and I hit one of our favorite restaurants in Newton last night, after trekking over a mile and a half each way through snow and slush.



Once we made it into the warmth, I fortified myself with a Cherry Blossom - I can't remember all the ingredients but it had some sort of cherry-flavored vodka, black cherry puree, and Sprite.



Andrew went with a tall Sam Adams Winter Lager.


I ordered one of my favorite menu items - the Chicken and Fruit salad. It has chunks of grilled chicken breast, arugula, Mandarin oranges, strawberries, grapefruit, candied walnuts and citrus vinaigrette. With a side of Beer Battered Cajun Onion Rings, it was the perfect balance of healthy and salty/greasy (perfect for me, that is!)



Andrew got his favorite, the Chicken and Walnut Salad sandwich with a side of Waffle fries.

No comments: