Thursday, January 8, 2009

Monthly Dinners With Jen

For almost a year, Jen and I have made a point of getting together every first Thursday of the month to have dinner together.

Tonight's choice was a favorite with both of us, the New England Soup Factory on Needham Street (which I call Highland Ave.). I think the original one is in Brookline, since I can see it from the D line but the only one I've ever eaten at is the one in Newton. They've got a nice selection of soups (duh), salads and sandwiches that make you feel as though you're eating reasonably healthy. Apparently, they have delicious chilled fruit soups during the summer, which I never have tried since I don't think of the Soup Factory as a place to go for dinner during warm weather. So tonight, Jen and I tried a sample of their Spicy Chickpea and Squash soup. It actually was pretty good, but like the name states, very spicy and almost Indian in flavor. We opted out of getting a full bowl of the soup and instead, I got the Hearty Italian Beef Stew and Jen went the Chicken Vegetable soup.

As we spent an hour eating and chatting, this is the Jen that I faced (admittedly, I caught her mid-hair flip):



But this is how she posed when I told her I needed a picture of her for my blog:



...to out her as a new owner of Ugg boots. I told her I wouldn't judge her (too much) about succumbing to this trend. Jen readily agreed that she referred to them as "fuglies" but told me that they were so comfortable, they felt like putting your feet into two halves of a teddy bear. At least, I think that's how she described them because I was still too busy staring at them!



All kidding aside, since Jen is forced to stand in crappy Boston weather each morning to ride the T to work, and then again to catch a bus, I'm all for her wearing anything that keeps her warm and dry. I'll just be watching to make sure they don't appear with a skirt anytime during the summer. That's when I'll know she'll have crossed over to the dark side and all gloves will be off in terms of teasing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that I get my own tag! I laugh at myself every time I put my Uggs on, but then I feel all toasty warm and don't feel quite so silly.