Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BC On My Mind - Eagles Deli

As it turns out, due to a combination of random news stories and an email from the BC Career Center, my alma mater is definitely on my mind.

First, Man vs. Food, a Travel Channel show featuring host Adam Richman, visited a bunch of places, including Eagles Deli. I feel like the Travel Channel loves Eagles Deli for some reason, because they featured them in another food special a few years back after naming them the "2nd Best Place to Pigout in the USA." I think that banner was up for years afterwards. Heck, it might still be up now.


What is Eagles Deli? It's a greasy hole-in-the-wall, located in Cleveland Circle near BC and is famous for it's breakfast food and it's burgers. I feel like the Godzilla burger was the one most well-known to students (1 lb. of beef, 4 slices of cheese and 1 lb. of fries).
From the previews, it looks like Adam went for the Challenge burger (5 lbs. of beef, 20 slices of cheese, 20 slices of bacon, 5 lbs. of fries, 1 half sour pickle and a fountain drink). This mound of meat goes for $50.
I guess that you and I will have to tune into the Travel Channel (or set our TiVo's) tonight at 10 p.m. to find out what happens.

No comments: