Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BC On My Mind - Interview Session

I received this email today:

Hi Joyce,

You were so kind to come to a Networking Session last April for BC undergrads. Bob S. had originally given me your name. We are running a Practice Interview Night for students on Feb. XX. A light dinner is served at 5:30pm and the first of three 20 minute practice sessions starts at 6pm. Students would have previously registered for a slot with you through us. Let me know if you are interested and I will follow up with details.

I'm assuming this is a rep from the Career Center because I didn't recognize her name. I have no idea who Bob S is. I know I was contacted last year for the networking session by another BC employee who had chaired the Five Year Reunion Committee I had volunteered for (along with Jen). I volunteered last year since I figured it would be good to build contacts at BC, especially since I hope to work there or at another university one day. Which is probably why I'll end up volunteering for this session, even though I hate interviews in all forms. Even when I'm the interviewer and not the interviewee (is that a word?).

And does anyone get the sentence that states "Students would have previously registered for a slot with you through us." Does that mean they had my name out there already? I didn't see this until I got home from work today but I'll have to do more investigating tomorrow.

All I know is that last year's event featured a lot of eager and awkward freshman (which kind of made me dislike them for being so on their game when I, myself didn't even think about preparing for a future career until my senior year). So I wonder if I'll get juniors and seniors this time around.

No comments: