Friday, January 16, 2009

Dead Mouse - Avoid This Post

...if you are eating, have a sensitive stomach or hate to see anything dead. Seriously. Not that I go out of my way to post provocative pictures but this blog is really supposed to offer a glimpse into my life, both the good parts and the bad. You've been warned so I don't want any angry comments about this picture!


































Andrew set a trap on Wednesday night with some peanut butter and told me he arranged the spoonful into a peak so he could tell if the mouse nibbled away at it without setting off the trap.

Thursday morning, the trap was untouched. But when I came home from work later that day, I could tell that something had nibbled away at the peanut butter. When Andrew came home, he checked the trap with a water bottle to see if it worked (it did), added more peanut butter and reset the trap.

This morning, this is the sight that greeted our eyes:




It's bigger than I expected. I thought it would look like one of the puffballs that you see running around subway stations. And unexpectedly cute. But honestly, it also creeped me out to see acutal proof (in addition to the pellets) that I really did have mice in the house.

2 comments:

Russell Sprout said...

james is horrified by this pic. horrified.

bcallegra said...

Haha, I hope you guys never get mice then! I'd rather have a dead mouse in the trap than a live one eating and POOPING all over my kitchen. He's got friends but we haven't managed to catch more.