Monday, January 5, 2009

Another Current Retailer Obsession

Is all Jen's fault. It started with a great birthday gift, a green ombre scarf from Martin & Osa, which put the store on my radar. Their normal prices put them way out of my budget. But with great sale prices and an extra 25% promotion running, I was like a kid in a candy store.

It all started with the Paradise Cardigan in Street Grey Heather. I had walked into Martin & Osa simply to return something I had decided against giving as a gift. The cardigan caught my eye as I made my way out the door. I tried it on, love it and the loved the fact that it cost less than $25 (down from an original $79) and bought it.

The picture doesn't do it justice - it's this beautiful silver shade, super soft and has a delicate knit. I wore it with a black tank over the weekend.

Because I liked it so much, I went online and ordered it in bilberry purple. And got suckered into a few other things along the way, like:

the Cowl-Neck Sweater
I've been obsessed with cowl necks for the past year and although I loved it in black, I already own a cowl neck sweater in that color. I got it in Raffia Cream (basically white) which confirms that I'm on a light color kick when you look at all the sweaters I listed in this post.


I went back to grey (called Boulevard Grey this time but it looks exactly the same as their Street Grey Heather) for the Gossamer-Ruffle Henley.



And because I'm a good sister, I also ordered one for Amy in black.
Finally, I gave into more ruffles at Gap with the Ruffle Placket Henley Sweater

I had been eyeing this sweater before Christmas but I'm glad I waited for the after-Christmas markdowns and additional 30% promotion they're running now. Although they had it in this gorgeous pumpkin color I've been unable to locate, I seriously adore how cuddly I feel in the dove white color.
I know it's disgusting to gush this much over clothing but it's amazing how cute, new clothing makes you feel. Especially when you got it on sale. Now I seriously need to go through my winter clothing to make room for these new purchases.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, it's always my fault! I actually stopped in there over the weekend and picked up some ridiculously cheap sweaters and a cute skirt. It was tough to show restraint when you could get a cashmere blend sweater for $15!