Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Two More BzzAgent Campaigns

I’ve been meaning to blog about these for the past couple of weeks, but it keeps slipping my mind.

In addition to the Pledge campaign I’m currently doing, I also got offered campaigns for Diet Mountain Dew, The Fragrance Collection by Glade and some sort of Afrin nose spray. I turned down the Afrin campaign because I’ve always been leery of nasal products. I know they’re highly addictive and I’d rather avoid something that has that kind of effect, even if it’s free!

Anyway, getting back to the campaigns I did join, I received a box for The Fragrance Collection by Glade around three weeks ago:



Included was a big, three-wick candle – the type that resembles the nice candles you would buy at a place like Yankee Candle:



The Fragrance Collection offers six different scents, three with over 90% natural ingredients: Earthly Awakening, McIntosh Apple and Orange Vanilla and the other three: Sheer White Cotton, Currants & Acai and Lotus and Bamboo.

I received the Currants & Acai soy-based candle, which is described as “tart red currants, tangy acai berries and red fruit accents” which literally sounds good enough to eat. I can tell you that from the moment I opened the box, the candle’s pleasantly fruity scent hit my nose immediately. On first impression, I really like how the candle is packaged as well, with a solid glass jar and simple but colorful label. You get the impression that this is a solid, quality candle that will last a long time!

More importantly, the candles in this line:

  • Have not been tested on animals
  • Do not have a lead wick
  • Are in a recyclable container
  • Contain no Geranyl Nitrile or Diacetyl (have no idea what those are, but they don’t sound good)
  • But do contain over 90% natural ingredients (at least three of the candles do)


Immediately, this made me think of a coworker of mine who’s into natural and organic materials for things like her makeup, vitamins and food so I brought in the candle for her.

If you’re interested in buying a candle yourself, I still have the $3 off coupons that came with the Bzz kit. I may end up using one of the coupons to buy the McIntosh Apple scent, which sounds heavenly and the perfect scent to drive the winter stuffiness out of my place.

I also signed up for the Diet Mountain Dew campaign and was laughing at the fact that I was sent two actual cans of it (along with a coupon for a free 12-pack of it, plus coupons to hand out).

Anyone who knows me know that I don’t drink coffee or most teas, which means I get my daily dose of caffeine from diet sodas. I’ve always enjoyed diet Mountain Dew because it’s one of the diet sodas that tastes almost like the real thing. In fact, it’s tough for me to drink most “regular” sodas these days since to me, they taste worse than diet sodas! Diet Mountain Dew has the same shocking yellow color as the original, and a decent citrus taste to accompany the caffeine kick. Most days, I try to hold off until lunch time to have my daily soda but on the days when I really need energy in the morning, Diet Mountain Dew works great as a morning drink. I think of it as my caffeinated orange juice (how great would that be?) since its citrus flavor is milder than your typical dark soda. So the next time you see me, if I’m bouncing off the walls, it’s because I’ve made inroads into my free case of Diet Mountain Dew from BzzAgent.

No comments: