Thursday, April 2, 2009

Marshmallow Ice Cream

All right, I'll 'fess up.

I had McDonalds with Jen and Andrew tonight for dinner. It was a guilty pleasure and one I haven't indulged in since sometime last year.

To top it off, all we wanted for dessert was a McFlurry. But the soft serve machine was broken, eliminating the possibility of any sort of frozen treat.

So we decided to drive down Center Street to Newton Center for some quality ice cream.

JP Licks was our first choice but was crowded and had no seating. So we headed over to Coldstone Creamery instead.

Andrew's choice is top left, some sort of mint ice cream/brownie/fudge combo. Jen got her usual Birthday Cake Remix on the right hand side. Mine is the soupy mess on the bottom:


The consistency looks gross but that's because I went with a new flavor - marshmallow! It was delicious and a complete surprise. Not too sweet and it had that slight elasticity that marshmallow creme has. I got my usual mix-ins of almonds and blueberries - yummy!

The perfect guilty indulgence to end an evening of junk food.

No comments: