Friday, April 24, 2009

Spaghetti al Limone

This is what we had for dinner tonight - I was in the mood for something light and spring-like in flavor, due to the warm weather we're currently enjoying in Mass. So I went for a recipe I found in an old Oprah magazine at the gym - Spaghetti al Limone:



I cut the recipe in half and I used some fresh spinach I had on hand rather than the basil leaves.

To be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the recipe considering all the effort I put into juicing four lemon halves. The lemon flavor was strong but it didn't have enough savory flavor to it to balance it out. However, Andrew like it and saved the leftovers from being thrown out after assuring me he would eat it. I'll have to find another good lemon pasta recipe to try (perhaps one with a cream base) before giving up on this flavor combo.

No comments: