Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Dinner

Andrew's parents graciously hosted Amy, Phu and I for Easter dinner at their house in Plymouth today for another delicious meal and dessert.

Phu and I had enjoyed Easter dinner here last year, and we had all crowded their house for Thanksgiving, but this was Amy's first time spending Easter here:

We feasted on ham, a jello mold (with lime jello, cottage cheese, pineapple and pecans),


Ceasar salad with homemade dressing, green beens, rolls and macaroni and cheese:


One of the things I love about spending holidays with Andrew's folks is the way the house is decorated to reflect the season. This included spring rabbits, Easter eggs and Easter napkins at the table:


And pastel-colored Easter M&Ms on the table to tempt us:
Plus, we had Easter bags waiting at our seats, featuring traditional treats such as Cadbury creme eggs and Peeps:

The best part was dessert - which deserves a post of its own!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure i spent easter at the silvias last year. in fact, i think phu, pete, and i were all there. i think it's because i remember us all having goody bags afterwards...

bcallegra said...

Oops, Andrew and I were trying to remember if you were there last year, but felt like that was one of the holidays you were gone (in DC perhaps?) Now that you mention it, I do remember the three of you having goody bags but I wasn't sure if it was because Phu had brought them back. I'll amend my blog post then!