Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday Celebration in Plymouth

As I mentioned in my last post, today is Tom's 60th birthday, so Andrew and I headed down to Plymouth to help celebrate with Andrew's Mom Charlotte and sister Amanda.

This is what greeted our eyes - two whopping 4 pound plus lobsters, freshly cooked:


Also on the menu was a salad with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and homemade dressing a la Amanda that was made in front of my eyes:


Anyone that knows me well knows that well, to be honest, that I'm a messy lobster eater. I tend to get lobster "mustard" on the walls and lobster water on myself. This is why I was glad to see Andrew's dad considerately taking all the meat out of lobster for us:
It may not look like much but there was plenty of meat to be dipped in melted butter and shared with the five of us.
Amanda also contributed roasted green beans with an orange-tarragon dipping sauce:
Next came dessert! What Charlotte kept referring to as Shepard's pie (code name) was in fact a yummy Strawberry Pie covered with Cool Whip and occasion-appropriate candles:


First came the off-key rendition of Happy Birthday (I'm pretty sure I'm tone deaf!):


The birthday guest of honor gets his first look at the "Shepard's Pie."


One last look at the lit Strawberry Pie...
...and Tom gets all the candles out in one blow!

Finally, a delicious slice of pie - I'm not ashamed to say I indulged in two slices instead of having one of my chocolate cupcakes:

2 comments:

Mr. Max said...

What I wouldn't do for some big bites of lobster with butter to dip it in! MMMM....(Jealous)

bcallegra said...

It was delicious, you should be jealous! :) Much easier to get lobster for a decent price in New England as opposed to the South.