Tuesday, April 14, 2009

International Dinner

Andrew and I enjoyed an international dinner - of sorts - courtesy of Whole Foods. We did a walking loop through Newton first and swung by Whole Foods to see what would pique our appetite.

Surprisingly, Andrew joined me in getting sushi - I went for the vegetarian avocado and cucumber roll while he went with spicy tuna. I also included a bottle of the ginger soy dressing that used to be provided free in little packets with the sushi. I think it was a bait and switch operation, they offered it free for a while to get consumers hooked and now make you buy it separately to get your fix. It works!



We also had sweet potato latkes on the side, a part of Whole Foods Passover offerings:



An odd combo but it hit the spot. With Swedish Fish for dessert (from the Easter basket Andrew made for me), it was a trio (ok, I know it's a stretch) of foreign cuisines.

No comments: