Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Administrative Professional's Day!

To celebrate, I made Beantown Baker's (yes, yes, I know I've been on a roll using this blog for inspiration) Raspberry Cheesecake Swirl Brownies and basic Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies. I'm too lazy to include the recipes, so you'll need to visit Beantown Baker's blog or look at the back of a chocolate chip bag.

The brownies came out well, even in my old, creaky oven that tends to burn things:


These got sliced into bite-size portions and packaged into cute bags that I had bought in Japan. My coworkers raved about these and Andrew received no complaints from his coworkers. Since the brownie recipe only made enough for an 8" x 8" pan, I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies as well.

These also got packaged into green (natch) bags from Japan - I really need to buy more cute packaging the next time I visit my folks:

These bags came with cute little tags, which I had Andrew fill out with the names of his office admins.

The funny thing is that my office had a lot of Brits visiting today, and they LOVED the chocolate chip cookies more than the brownies. This included my boss' boss and boss' boss' boss - talk about upper management. As the cookies went fast in work today and people kept asking for them in the afternoon, I whipped up another batch tonight to bring in tomorrow.

That's it for me, three straight days of baking has taken its toll and I need to take a baking break - at least for a day!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for the link love! Hopefully I can keep inspiring you. That's what I love about food blogs. It's great to "meet" another Bostonian!