Wednesday, April 29, 2009

YoCalcium Yogurt

My latest discovery at the supermarket is Stonyfield Farm’s YoCalcium yogurt.



I used to enjoy Stonyfield’s yogurts but stopped eating them because 1) they are higher in calories than Yoplait yogurts or Dannon’s Light ‘n Fit brand and 2) they tend to be more expensive as well.

However, I’ve discovered that their new YoCalcium line provides 500 mg of calcium, 50% of the calcium you need for your daily requirements, compared to the usual 30% that most yogurts supply. Combined with my Viactiv supplement, I now get a 100% of the calcium I need each day without swallowing a massive supplement that is the size of a horse pill!

YoCalcium comes in three flavors:

Apricot Mango
Strawberry Raspberry
Wild Berry (I’d love to try this flavor but haven’t seen it in a store yet)

Just a word to the wise, I haven’t seen YoCalcium in Stop & Shop or Shaws but I do manage to get it for a reasonable price at Whole Foods.

No comments: