Friday, April 17, 2009

Marathon Monday Is Around The Corner

Driving into work today, I could tell that Patriots Day and the Boston Marathon were just around the corner because:

  • There were two street sweepers runny simultaneously down Comm Ave.
  • Port-a-potties were sprouting up at each intersection
  • Three-to-four stories high TV cranes have been set-up
  • Electronic screens were advising drivers that Comm Ave. would be closed by 9 am on Monday

I wish I still had Patriots Day off so I can watch the Marathon going by. My place is right after Heartbreak Hill, which makes it a great place to stand and yell encouragement to the runners.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was over in Copley yesterday and was almost run over by a horde of marathon runners leaving the Running Expo. We should take Marathon Monday off next year and have a barbecue and watch the marathon!

bcallegra said...

We definitely should, let's mark it on our calendars for next year!