Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Microwave Chocolate Cake

I'm too lazy to write a proper post today (cut me some slack, I decorated a bunch of cupcakes for my bake sale at work tomorrow, plus I baked an Easter treat to be described in a future post) so I'm going with something I read in Boston.com's Dishing blog:




Apparently, the recipe for this is an Internet/email phenomenon:
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Directions:
Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1,000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.Then EAT! (This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)

Personally, I don't like chocolate cake enough to be tempted by the thought of making it in five minutes in the microwave. And honestly, how appetizing the picture above look? It reminds me of the Ocean Spray canned, jellied cranberry sauce you buy for Thanksgiving. But I'd be curious to see how the recipes works for someone.
(Both photos courtesy of Boston.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that cranberry sauce in a can!! it's my favorite part of thanksgiving. for real.

bcallegra said...

I'm not going to lie, I love that cranberry sauce too since that's what we grew up with but for a cake to resemble that - yuck!