Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunday Night Celebration

We didn't officially celebrate the engagement with some of our nearest and dearest - Amy, Phu, Pete and Jen - until Sunday since I had to bake on Friday night and we had the wedding on Saturday night.

Sunday was beautiful but by the time Andrew and I started walking to the Newton Center T stop around 6 pm to meet up with Jen, it was pouring rain - as we waited out a few minutes of the downpour under a tree, we heard the longest peal of thunder that I'd ever heard - yikes! However, by time we got off the T in Boston, there was a rainbow and gradually clearing skies awaiting us outside Parish Cafe:


After the Parish Cafe, only Amy and Jen were brave enough to join us at our favorite place for martinis, Bar Lola. Here's Amy and Jen showing off their Fresa martinis:


Andrew and I ordered Frambuesas for our first drink:


Many martinis and three hours later, we hit the streets feeling a little loopy:


...And we paid for it this morning when we woke up for work feeling like crap. Confirming that I am indeed too old to stay up late on Sundays but it was well worth it!

3 comments:

Russell Sprout said...

I want to celebrate with you too! Waaaaaaaaaahhhh!

bcallegra said...

I wish you were here too to help celebrate! I need another trip to Brooklyn, stat! Plus, Amanda has been wanting us to visit her as well, so I predict a trip to NYC soon in my future. :)

Russell Sprout said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
BTW-I lost my phone.
poop.
much catching up to do...and no phone.
double poop.