Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Shower for Olivia

Jen's friends did a great job integrating the ladybug theme into her baby shower.
One of the most impressive things was this handmade diaper centerpiece - note the ladybug ribbon in the center and tiny set of shoes with ladybugs:
Well-wishes went on the mini paper clothesline and advice for Jen went on the ladybug cutouts (not being a mother yet myself, the advice I gave her was to take me up on my babysitting offer!):
There was tons of tasty food at the shower - pasta, salad, veggies, orzo and plenty of chips and dip:
The guests made sure that Jen and Rob were ready to take care of baby Olivia when she arrives:

Soon it was time for cake - note the ladybugs around the sides and on top:


The beautiful and glowing Mommy-to-be:


Gift-opening time - here's a shot of Jen opening my gift of Robeez shoes with little crowns and a couple of adorable baby outfits):

Then it was time for me to scoot out of the door to make it back home in time to change for my cousin Julie's wedding. Congrats to Jen and Rob and their incoming bundle of joy, Olivia Dorothy!

No comments: