Friday, June 12, 2009

Dinner at Le's

I had to fly into NY for a quick one day business trip, which meant waking up at 4:30 am and not returning until close to 7 pm (random sidenote, Larry Summers was on my return flight back). This meant the last thing I wanted to do was cook dinner when I got back, so we decided on Le's at the Atrium mall - yummy and reasonably priced Vietnamese food!

Andrew's seen here protesting me taking a picture - it doesn't reflect his attitude towards the kappa maki (cucumber rolls), which he loves, that we had as an appetizer:

I had the sparkling raspberry mojito which ended up being too sweet (should've gone for my original choice of sparkling limeade) and Andrew tried to order the pear martini but our waitress misheard him and delivered a regular martini. It was a situation where he couldn't send it back, because she confirmed the order with him but it was hard to understand what she was saying - awkward! He gulped that bad boy down and promptly ordered a silver Sapporo - which the waitress didn't understand again! At least this time, she brought over one of the bartenders who, upon hearing Andrew's order of a Silver Sapporo, promptly said, "Ok, tall Sapporo coming up."

Andrew orders what he always gets at Thai and Vietnamese restaurants - Pad Thai, this time with Beef:
I went with my favorite - Vermicelli noodles topped with spring rolls - you pour the sauce all over the noodles and veggies in the bowl and mix it all together into a delicious, messy meal:
We walked out of Le's well-fortified for our visit to Gap afterwards.

No comments: