Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Too Much To Do

This week has been extremely stressful for me.

Despite being excited about going home to Japan (two and a half days to go, woohoo!), I'm frantically trying to get stuff done at work before I leave so my boss doesn't regret giving me the two weeks off.

At night, I'm running errands (either picking up gifts or ingredients for baking), baking and doing laundry. Tonight, I got home, ate dinner with Andrew (Thai food from Jamjuli, one of our favorites) and baked for three straight hours in preparation for my girls' baking night/cookie swap tomorrow with Kelli, Z and Heather. This will take up all of my time tomorrow night and I still have to:

  • Write, address and mail Christmas cards
  • Pick up books from the library to read on my flight to Japan
  • Make holiday treat bags for my coworkers
  • Order the last of my gifts online
  • Do one last load of laundry
  • Clean the kitchen (so nothing starts growing while I'm gone)
  • Change the battery in the heating panel (so my pipes don't freeze and burst)
  • PACK!!

There's just not enough hours in the day. And I'm sitting here blogging at 11 pm.

On the flip side, Andrew was very helpful in assisting with Beantown Baker's Easy M&M treats. Here is the fruit of our labor:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your time with your family! The stress will evaporate as soon as you get on the plane and crack open a book :)

I expect blog updates while you are gone missy!

sharonwue said...

You can sleep on the plane. Hope your trip is wonderful.

NOLA said...

Have a great trip and Happy Holidays.