Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Golf Course Lemonade

When CR and I were in high school, one of the cool places to go eat lunch was the golf club.

I know what you're thinking, a golf club in the states would be an elite, members-only place.

On Zama, it was just another place to grab lunch, open to everyone and very casual. It was one step up from a Burger King.

One of the things that the golf club was renowned for was their lemonade.

My dad took me to lunch there yesterday, and sure enough, we had a table full of high schoolers next to us (in case you're wondering, egads, the hipster trend has hit Zama). Naturally, I ordered the lemonade.


It seemed to taste so great in my memories but in reality, it was very watery and unsweet. The best part about it was the cherry garnish and that is something that was added since we graduated. It's always disappointing to find things aren't the way you remembered them.

2 comments:

Russell Sprout said...

I hate you. So much right now.
Love,
CR

NOLA said...

I had completely forgotten about the golf course.