Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Joyce vs. Jet Lag, Day Three

I'll admit it, I was prematurely smug in my last post.

By the time 9 pm rolled around, I realized how tired I was.

I went to bed immediately, reading a few chapters of Breaking Dawn (the last book in Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series) and ended up falling asleep around 9:30 pm...

...only to feel wide awake at 1 am. I fear my jet lag has won this round.

I've been up since. I spent the next three hours, ensconced in warm blankets, finishing Breaking Dawn.

Now I'm going to finish the baking I didn't get to yesterday.

I'm hoping I'll feel tired enough for a nap later on so I'm not dragging by tonight.

After all, I've got a semi-busy day planned.

This morning: baking and a possible nap

Noon: Picking up Phu for lunch. We'll need to stay near Newton since I want to make sure I get my mail (and any possible packages) today.

After lunch: Head to Wrentham (I know I'm asking for a ton of stressful traffic and craziness) in order to exchange a gift and return another item. I'm justifying this by thinking about how much worse it will be at Wrentham after Christmas.

Afternoon: Make it to Plymouth by 5 pm at the latest. Phu and I will be spending Christmas Eve and Christmas with the Silvia's and we're really looking forward to it.

Evening: Call my parents, Amy and Rich in Japan - it'll be Christmas morning for them!

No comments: