Sunday, December 28, 2008

Eating Out Too Much

Preparing for my two week trip to Japan, I cleared my fridge of most food and I haven't made time to go to the grocery store since.

This means that all day Friday, Andrew and I snacked on leftover Chinese food from the Silvia's Christmas Eve dinner and luckily, we ate out all day yesterday! Not very healthy, so I'm definitely going to the grocery store today.

Yesterday, while Andrew and Phu had lunch in Saugus with Phu's sister and brother-in-law, I hit the South Shore Plaza mall with my cousin Andrew.

We were both starving when we arrived at the mall, so our first stop was the Cheesecake Factory (surprisingly, we 0nly had a ten minute wait).

I went with a burger and fries while Andrew enjoyed the Teriyaki Chicken, accompanied by grilled pineapple and bananas as a garnish.



I was proud of myself for resisting dessert but I did help myself to a taste of Andrew's strawberry cheesecake.



As for the shopping portion of our trip, I actually returned empty-handed.

It's funny, I kept hearing news reports of how retailers were offering great bargains to lure shoppers in . However, I felt like most of the stores we visited were running the exact same promotions they were before Christmas, which weren't that great to begin with. Plus, some stores (Gap and Banana Republic), definitely had more discounts online than they did in their stores.

Andrew was successful in snagging some shirts at AE with the gift cards Amy and I had given him as birthday and Christmas gifts as well as a very nice sweater at Hollister (so nice, I wish Hollister had offered them in the ladies section as well!). And I was pleased to learn that he shares my affinity for kelly green.

No comments: