Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here Comes the Snow

I watched the snow estimates climb from the original 4 - 6 inches, to 5 - 7 inches and now 8 - 10 inches.


Knowing that the storm was predicted to start around 11 am, I stopped by Shaws on my way to work to pick up movies from Redbox and to pick up enough food for the next few days.

I was out of work by 11:30 am, my boss had left minutes before me and had called me to tell me the roads were already bad and that I should leave as soon as possible. I took her at her word and left immediately. There wasn't much to do in the office anyway and there wasn't many people actually in the office.

This is what my drive home was like (don't worry people, it was taken at a red light).

The roads were definitely slippery but not too bad at that point. It only took me an extra ten minutes to get home.
Now I'm worried about Andrew's drive to Newton. He's coming all the way from New Bedford and he just got released from work around 1:40 pm. I really wish his office management had let the office go earlier considering the state of the roads.
This is what Cummings Road looked like when I pulled in.

I cleared off the walkways but I'm sure they're already buried. At least the snow is light and fluffy.

No comments: