Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dinner at the Publick House

Continuing the trend of eating out, Andrew and I met up with Phu, Pete, Kate and Jen at one of our favorite restaurants, the Publick House in Brookline.

Their Belgian Frites are incredible - french fries with your choice of two dipping sauces. We usually go with garlic mayo and the beer mustard and it's making my stomach rumble just thinking about it.

Here are the two jerks that were sharing my cone of fries eating them all while my back is turned!



Jen was seated in a better spot, as she had access to both cones of fries.



I was still pretty full from lunch so I went with a new menu item, the pumpkin fritters. Publick House used to have these incredible pumpkin raviolis but they have mysteriously disappeared from their menu (our waiter said that they were unpopular, which I find very hard to believe since anyone I know who's ever had them has loved them). For some reason, fritters made me think some sort of rounded pancake instead of the "meatballs" I ended up with.






The waiter warned me they were more like dessert which made me hesitant to order them as I didn't want a completely sweet dinner. Jen was kind enough to promise a piece of her chicken sandwich for a taste of the fritters, which was enought to convince me to try them.

I ended up being disappointed by fritters - they had a very weak pumpkin flavor with the biggest punch of flavor coming from the garnish, the golden raisins.

I should've just gone with a double order of the frites as my meal - very unhealthy but soooo good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed - the pumpkin fritters were disappointing, but those fries make me want to weep with joy (despite the funny face I was making in the picture).