Thursday, December 11, 2008

Then and Now

One of the things I enjoy about being back home is access to all the old family photos.

My Mom has one table that is literally devoted to holding roughly 20 photos in frames.

One picture on that table was taken after my parents were first married:

They seem so young and stern at the same time. You can tell my Dad was in the military by his posture!

Although I'm never good at picking out resemblances (especially in babies), I'm also struck by how similar Amy and I look to my Mom at this age. I've included a side-by-side comparison of Amy and Mom so you can judge for yourself. You'll have to picture my Mom smiling for this to work.



And in an especially poignant shot, sisters with sisters:


My Mom is on the left and my Emo (aunt) is on the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your japan posts desperately make me want to be home!!!! sooooon!!