Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's Going To Be A Good And Productive Weekend

It's been an uninspiring week for posts for me, I think it's tied directly into the fact that I left my camera at Amy's place last weekend and haven't been able to document any part of my life this week!

While at work yesterday, I made a list of things that I wanted to accomplish for the weekend because I knew it was supposed to be warm and sunny for once. And warm weather means that I'm inspired to be outdoors, getting things done rather than feeling like I'm in hibernation mode in the house.

Of course, my weekend is off to a late start already due to the fact that I woke up at 1 am and couldn't fall asleep for another hour. I'm usually a pretty sound sleeper, which means I fall asleep right away and I sleep throughout the night. What woke me is that I heard loud noises in the attic - I mean, REALLY loud noises in the attic. Andrew thinks it's too big to be mice so I think squirrels have gotten in. I haven't been in the attic in possibly a year since it's covered with black dust from the roofing job a few years back. I had cleaning the attic as one of my resolutions for the year but wanted to wait until it was a little warmer. I couldn't go back to sleep because I was just skeeved out at the thought that more vermin was running over my head and I couldn't figure out how long they'd been up there. Since I'm easily awakened, they could've been up there for months. I haven't brave enough to venture up there yet this morning, but I'll have to poke my head up there sometime today.

And on the docket for the rest of the day:
  • Andrew and I getting our butts to the gym (I'm supposed to be changing into my gym clothes as I type this)
  • Swinging by Amy's place to get my camera - I need it!
  • Heading into Boston so Andrew can get his haircut by Mario in the Prudential Center (which sounds swanky but it's this nice guy who runs an old school barber shop in the basement level of the Pru, which most people don't know exist). I like doing this since I get to shop in Pru/Copley/Newbury street area while Andrew's getting his haircut.
  • Walking around Boston enjoying the nice weather and possibly grabbing some sort of snack or meal there since we haven't been in town during the day in a while.
  • Heading back to Newton to get more chores done, such as:
  • Returning my library books
  • Activating the BJ's membership I just purchased through work, I'm excited about this because I was previously a Costco member and I've never checked out BJ's
  • Buying more mice/squirrels/killing vermin or getting them out of my house type traps from Home Depot - also, finally buying the washer or whatever it is that will fix my leaky faucet in the bathroom upstairs
  • Buying more Kashi bars - it would work out perfectly if BJ's had them but I think I'll have to back to Walmart
  • Dropping stuff off at the dry cleaners - I almost never use a dry cleaner, it's just always seem likes a hassle and I try to use Dryel whenever possible. However, a group at work is collecting old prom/bridesmaid dresses to provide high school girls with an option for their proms for free. I've got some cute things that I will never wear again, but they need to be cleaned. There have only been a few things donated so far, and judging by what I see on the rack, I think they're too matronly for the high school crowd so I'm trying be motivated about getting my dresses in.

That's all I can think of for now - it's time to stop wasting time typing and starting getting stuff done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I donated my bridesmaids dresses to charity as well - good karma and getting stuff out of the closet you'll never wear again!

And by the way, in the Newton area, Holly Cleaners is the way to go ... I'll probably run into you since I will also be returning library books and dropping off dry cleaning later (of course you won't see this until way after I'm sure).

Russell Sprout said...

Umm...you forgot pack for your trip to NYC to see Camille/do some work too!

bcallegra said...

Underoo Elf - I don't know what it is about me and dry cleaning, I've relied on Dryel in the past but now I've got a whole load of clothing that needs to be cleaned! I think I'm going to aim for the place around the corner for me just in terms of convenience.

CR - Packing for NY and visiting you is a task for Monday night! :)