Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mouse Repelling Noise Machine

To address the concerns that spongeamy (aka my lovely sister) has expressed, I thought my readers would be interested in seeing the mouse repelling noise machine (my description) that Andrew and I picked up at Lowe's last weekend, the Victor Sonic Pestchaser. I'll let the website explain the technology behind using sound waves to repel mice.


It emits an audible hum. Andrew and I were surprised at first, thinking that it would be completely silent, as the package describes. However, it's pretty low-pitched so it's not loud enough to be annoying.

The jury is still out on how well this works - I've read both positive and negative reviews online and heard mostly good stories from people who have used in the past. I just know I had to try something different to make sure the mice were staying away.

No comments: