Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Liz!

Today is the birthday of a friend and former college suitemate, Liz.

Senior year, Liz was the only non-Virgo in a suite of six girls. The rest of us had our birthdays clustered at the end of August (me and Jen) and September (Amy, Kelly and Martha). As the lone Pisces, Liz had to put up with the rest of us and our similar personality traits - i.e. Virgos tend to stay quiet and keep things to themselves when they are upset about something, internalizing it until it explodes out as an outburst. In contrast, Liz was more of the type to get things out in the open right away, which is very uncomfortable for Virgos. It made for an interesting living situation at times, but what didn't kill us made us stronger!

With her birthday in March, Liz was also the first roommate to turn 21 our Junior year. I distinctly remember going to the Golden Temple restaurant in Brookline to help her celebrate and I can't believe eight years have passed since then.

This is the birthday ecard that I sent her today, courtesy of someecards.com:



Happy Birthday Liz!




Me, Liz (almost 4 months pregnant), and Jen in 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike - I also sent Liz a card from someecards!

By the way, I miss being tan when I look at that picture :(

bcallegra said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the picture! And it's sad that I consider that tan for me! :)

Russell Sprout said...

That card gave me the giggles.