Thursday, March 12, 2009

Critters in the Attic

As I mentioned in one of my posts last week, I've got squirrels in the attic. As a result, Andrew and I picked up a Havahart 2 Door Live Animal trap in addition to the Victor Sonic Pestchaser. He set it up eagerly on Sunday night, with some peanut butter as a bait. And then we went a few days without hearing a peep upstairs.

Last night, I got home late from my business trip so all I wanted to do was shower and go to bed. Sitting in bed, typing my blog about Camie's birthday, I started hearing weird noises from the attic. It lasted for around twenty minutes and went away, so I started thinking maybe I was wrong in calling Andrew and getting his hopes up about having a squirrel in the trap.

Andrew had been at my place for two hours tonight and I was surprised he hadn't rushed up to the attic right away to check out the trap. He admitted to tapping the attic door and hearing nothing, so like me, he suspected there was no squirrel up there.

So I sent him upstairs with a flashlight and a camera and this is what he found:



What? After all that, you were expecting a squirrel? No squirrel but one had definitely been there since all the peanut butter from the center had been licked clean. I'm having doubts on how well this trap will work but Andrew set it up with more chunky peanut butter and we're keeping our fingers crossed that it will actually catch something the next time around.

No comments: