Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cabot's Ice Cream For Dessert

As I mentioned in my last post, a big dinner at Apgujung didn't stop us from hitting Cabot's for dessert.

Cabot's is a family-owned restaurant that reminds me of a diner. Andrew calls it a better Friendly's. I love it because not only does it feature homemade ice cream and ice cream cakes, it has a massive six page ice cream menu featuring all sorts of decadent ice cream parfaits, sundaes and desserts. Take a look for yourself. There's so much to choose from that it makes it extremely hard to make your mind up about what you want!

Amanda showed the most restraint out of the group and went with scoops of pistachio ice cream. Charlotte went with some sort of Coffee Toffee Sundae, with scoops of coffee ice cream topped with Cabot's famous hot fudge, toffee bits and whipped cream:



Andrew and Tom went with the Brazilian Combo, which consisted of coffee, maple nut, butter pecan and vanilla ice cream, topped with cold chocolate, coffee, rum flavored english toffee (like a yummy butterscotch) and maple nut toppings, whipped cream and a cherry. What they didn't realize when they ordered it was that the Brazilian Combo would come in a dish the size of a small boat!


Andrew shows his approval for the Brazilian Combo.

I had a hard time making up my mind and in the end, went with the classic Fudge-Anna sundae: Banana wheels, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry. I'm the type of person that never gets hot fudge on their sundaes so the fact that I love Cabot's hot fudge shows you how good it is - you can tell from the pictures how thick it is, perfect for scraping off the sides of the glass with your spoon:


My sundae glass after I was finished with my attack:

No comments: