Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lunch at Carmela's

Saturday found us taking a much needed breather from house hunting - we were able to sleep in and then had the pleasure of meeting Andrew's parents for lunch in Kingston. Andrew had described Carmela's as one of his favorite places to eat when he was in high school and his description of the homemade pasta made my mouth water! So while their panini selection sounded amazing and tempted me with a variety of horseradish-based condiments, I went with pasta.

Here's Andrew posing with what actually ended up being my order of eggplant parm:


Charlotte got the same as me, and put up graciously with my photo-taking!


Tom went with fish and chips, on the basis of a recommendation from the waitress (some keen eyes may notice he's wearing a Camp Zama shirt that I got him for Christmas!)


A shot of what I thought was my eggplant parm but was really Andrew's chicken parm - regardless, we both had the same delicious house noodles


I definitely recommend Carmela's to anyone craving affordable, homemade Italian food - it is conveniently located right off Route 3, which means Andrew and I will be hitting it sometime soon on the way to his parents' place in Plymouth.

No comments: