Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dinner Anniversary with Jen

Tonight marked a year's worth of Thursday night dinners. As Jen and I reflected on the dinners when we met last month, we were proud of the fact that we had stuck with our commitment to meet once a month for dinner. Of course, there were a few postponements along the way but we only skipped one dinner (due to my crazy week in December where I was mobbed at work and prepping to go to Japan).

Initially, we started out trying different places in Newton, which took us to the New England Soup Factory, O'Haras, Jamjuli, Union Street and Bill's Pizzeria, where we went tonight.

We've also tried Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown, the British Beer Company in Framingham and the Friendly's in Needham - obviously we have distinguished palates!

It's a nice way to unwind, catch up on each other's lives, gossip about everyone we know, laugh and stuff our faces - skills we first perfected in college.

This year, I think we're going to make an effort to try new ethnic cuisines, although I'm trying to convince her to forget Polish cuisine in the South End!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I am honored to have my own tag! Our monthly dinners have been lovely, and for two non-committal people like ourselves, it is definitely an achievement to have made it a year.

No Polish food? Mmmm fried meats and potatoes - I'll try to talk you into it!