Sunday, February 22, 2009

Did Someone Say Trifle?

From reading my blog, you'll find out that I'm a big fan of making trifles. They're relatively easy to assemble and are a crowd pleaser, especially if you invest in a nice trifle glass. I've found them as cheap as $5 at the Christmas Tree Shop, but I happen to own a really nice trifle glass that I received as a birthday gift from Phu and Pete.

Andrew and I were invited over to his former coworker's place last night for a potluck dinner. Knowing me well already, Julian told Andrew that we were in charge of dessert. I made a batch of oatmeal cranberry cookies, knowing that they are well liked by the other dinner attendees, Jeanne and Mike. I also went with a trifle, figuring that it's the type of dessert that most people like.

This one featured strawberries (as you can see in the picture, gold cake, cool whip, chocolate pudding, vanilla pudding with chocolate chips, bananas and toffee bits:


The final product, shown off to perfection by my new apron (also a gift from Phu):


More details and photos on the potluck dinner to come.

No comments: