Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cake Balls

I wanted to surprise my coworkers with Valentine-themed treats on Friday. I saw a recipe for Cake Balls on Allrecipes.com, which seemed ridiculously simple. Basically, you make a box cake mix and while it's still warm, mix it in a bowl with a container of frosting. I went with Strawberry cake and cream cheese frosting. Feeling lazy, I scooped the cake with my Oxo cookie scoop which lead to really big mounds and froze them overnight.



Thursday night, I commenced with the messy and long process of dipping the balls in melted chocolate. Every year I vow never to make any chocolates because it is so messy and every year I get suckered in by an easy recipe.


The end result I thought were pretty heavy balls of chocolates, but packaging them to my coworkers as Cake Truffles worked much better.


No comments: