Monday, February 9, 2009

More Gym Observations

  1. Read an interesting article in Glamour that echoed a Today show story from this morning - getting enough sleep for 10 weeks straight can help a woman lose weight. Seriously. You simply need to get at least 7.5 hours of sleep each night, establish a bedtime routine for an hour before you go to bed, avoid drinking caffeine after 2:30 pm and avoid drinking alcohol at least three hours before you go to bed. You'll have to read the article to find out all the reasoning behind it because I'm feeling lazy tonight It sounds simple but I find it hard to go to bed before 11 pm, especially if we hit the gym. But I might have to try it. It seems somewhat easy and good for you.
  2. I had another smelly guy working out next to me. He didn't smell most of the time. He would go slowly on the elliptical, not using his arms but would instead, check out his slowly moving legs in the mirror. The rare 30 seconds he would use his arms, whoa, major BO would hit me. Good thing he was vain and lazy.
  3. This observation is from Andrew. He overheard Camie and I laughing on the phone about skinny girls always farting on the treadmills (who doesn't love a fart joke? But seriously, I don't use the treadmills often enough to notice this phenomenon). Andrew, however, is an avid runner. He told me that he kept smelling farts during his workout. Yet, he was only surrounded by girls. Is this enough scientific proof for Camie's theory? Thinking about it, skinny girls are more apt to eat healthy (and gassy) foods like broccoli.

No comments: