Sunday, October 5, 2008

Shark Cupcakes

This is a gratuitous post to kick off my blog. I've always enjoyed baking but never spent much time decorating the baked goods. Until Amy's birthday in June. Considering that two of her favorite things in the world are bacon and sharks, I went with what I thought was the easiest to replicate....SHARKS!






After three hours of baking, freezing, icing and swearing, I ended up with these:







If you can't tell, the fish on the cupcakes are fleeing from the sharks.



I wish I could take credit for figuring out how to make the sharks, but the truth is that I got the directions from a fantastic cupcake book, Hello Cupcake! I'm eager to try another idea from the book for Andrew's birthday in two weeks. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.

No comments: