Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My leaves are changing color
















It snuck up on me, divine retribution for everyone I had taunted in the past.

I was sitting at work, trying to organize my thoughts for an article on alternative fuel vehicles that I was writing for our next company newsletter. In my standard brainstorming mode, I was running my fingers through my hair, searching for split ends (probably more than you needed to know about my spacing out technique).

That's when I saw it. A white hair. I immediately pulled it out. I am in shock and immediately show it to my (older) coworkers. One tries to comfort me by asking if I'm sure it's mine. I tell her that unfortunately, I pulled it directly from my head.

Why are white hairs so much thicker and coarser than normal hairs? Now I'm obsessed with trying to find a mirror to see if I can spot its friends.

1 comment:

Russell Sprout said...

I found three grey hairs this year. I am using the British spelling, because grey is classier than gray. And I am damn classy. And apparently, old.